Monday, January 30, 2017

Feeling Tired

I am feeling tired today. I went walking with the ladies from the funeral home who also lost loved ones to suicide. My cheeks were red as I tried to keep up with ladies a little older than I. My new hip replacement is working effectively. I met a lady who lost a son in his early 40's, and as his birthday is approaching her tears rolled down her face. Here we go again, I thought. Another year, another birthday coming up for our lost daughter in March. After cleaning her grave marker, I put fresh flowers around it. I noticed the fresh graves around her. I noted the change in the climate. Spring is soon in the air. The birds and seagulls were looking for worms.
I will be inviting some grieving parents to my home. I think this is the least I could do. I have been away since before Christmas and now it is time to offer some encouragement to others. I heard on the news that 2 children have become orphaned due to their mothers overdose on fentanyl. Apparently, the high you get on this stuff is so captivating that it is hard to resist once you tasted of its wicked fruit.
Tomorrow I will be having an x-ray of my hip to see how well it healed. It will be 2 months now since my surgery. I will also treat myself to a podiatrist, as I still have difficulty cutting my toenails past the 90 degree bend that I still must follow.
As I survey the lives of young people I have a very hard time understanding the stress in their lives. Many work for low wages, have come from broken homes, are in debt, and hopeless. It is hard to imagine their agony. I recall starting out with 4 children to buy our first home with 10,000 dollars down.  Now, you must earn 6 figure incomes, and have almost 100,000 dollars for a home to put down. It is unfathomable. It cannot go on like this. I just don't know when hope will fill our streets once again. May this Jubilee bring everyone's wish true.

No comments:

Post a Comment