Monday, August 10, 2020

Update at the bottom

Update at the bottom

My Friend who wrote the poem Sparkling Deborah, just posted this:

Most people with African genes probably are not pure African. For whatever reason, some of their ancestry is Caucasian. If they hate whites, do they hate themselves, as well? Some are the offspring of white men who owned slaves and raped them. Some are also the offspring of black men who raped women. We all have trauma in our ancestry because of the wickedness of mankind.
The Bible says to honour your father and mother. It doesn't say we're obliged to do that, only if our parents deserved to be honoured.
We are to honour them because God said to do it, but I think it also has something to do with it being a privilege to be born into the Earth, to have the opportunity to live a life that glorifies God, and build a wonderful inheritance in Heaven. So we are to honour those who helped us get born, even if they were sinning when they participated in that process.
Such as was the case with my parents. They weren't married. My father was not much of a father; I didn't meet him until I was 17, so I went through this process of figuring out how to honour a father who never did much for me and was a danger to be around.
If we are to honour our father and mother, it stands to reason that we are to honour our grandfathers and grandmothers, and so on all the way back to Adam, to never be ashamed of our ethnic lineage.
We need to embrace the black in us, the white in us, the Asian, the Irish, the Somalian, the Chinese, etc … whatever the ethnicity there is within our DNA that makes us who we are. God put each of us together so carefully, according to the plan He made for our existence before He formed the Universe. And to appreciate that just as much thought and care and love went into all other human beings.



I Just visited with this friend. She continues to be a very sweet lady with lots to look forward to. She saw my grand babies for the first time as we celebrated together my daughter's birthday. The next big event this month will be the 6th year anniversary of Deborah's death on  August 18th. I visited her graveside just yesterday. I put red roses and baby breath's on her grave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment