Monday, August 8, 2016

Work While We still Can

My sweet princess, Sarah, just changed the background color of my blog...I love green, don't you? Well today, I froze all the applesauce that we made yesterday, and tidied the house. Moonshine, Deborah's cat is shedding much fur, and now that the dog is gone, I have only the cat hair to contend with. I told my beloved daughter that she needs to bring back a cat brush from Harrison Hot Springs. I used my $20 Tristar vaccum that I picked up at the trunk sale a few weeks ago. We purchased a new hose for it, washed the cord, and it is like new. The older engines are much weaker, made in China apparently, so this should perform for years to come. I also got the cow webs off our front entrance, and washed the lights and mailbox, and doors. I'm in a way preparing, so that when Deborah rises, she will have a lovely welcome home. One lady commented a year ago, that she wonders where Deborah is. All I can suggest is that she is sleeping in her body, but her soul is alive in Heaven. Soon the two will meet and join, body and soul and forever, we will be perfect before our Lord. Our transformed bodies will be incorruptible.Yesterday, during our Barbecue at Valley View Funeral home, I met many families. One young mom could barely speak. They lost their daughter only 6 months ago. Her eyes were filled with tears on several occasions. They are coping the best they can. Nobody wants to outlive their children. I have now learned that if it was up to us.. Deborah would be alive now. I refuse to walk with guilt, and shame. This was her decision, to our great regret. May God help us survive longer without her. There is no easy days ahead. However, our great comfort is to know that we will be reunited with our loved ones. This funeral home has been so supportive, and kind to the community. I believe that they are a great resource of comfort and help. I met old friends who lost their children decades ago, and some new ones. I had delicious blackberry home made pies as well; after all it is blackberry season here on the West Coast. 
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.


No comments:

Post a Comment