Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My Daughter dressed as a Giraffe

My now youngest daughter age 25, Deborah's closest sister in age, left to teach at her school as a giraffe today. She takes after her dad, she is tall 6 feet 2 inches, so her clever costume truly suits her. She teaches special needs children, and surely her costume will make many smile.
You guessed it, today is Halloween in North America. There will be much demonic activities and parties scattered throughout our beautiful land. There will be many fire cracker injuries that Erica, my nurse daughter will have to treat in emergency at our local hospital. As a young  working mom, at Children's Hospital, I would have my husband bring in the kids for an afternoon shift, and we would go to a few homes with all four of my girls frequently without costumes and solicit for candies. The neighborhood downtown would have many more choice goodies than our poorer  area we lived in. My children would receive candies even if they were not dressed up. Their pillow cases would be full of delicious sugary things in a few hours. My best collection as an immigrant child, new to this "celebration" was to receive a toothbrush from a dentist's home. Now day's even churches offer an alternative day, by having trunk events from their car for instance in a church parking lot. They would also have games. How far we have come from true Christian teachings. My involvement is to have my lights off tonight, and head to the stores tomorrow for 75 percent discounted candies. I believe Halloween  was All Saint's Day.. a Hallow Eve initially and now the devil has distorted the occasion once again. Stay pure for the Lord is returning very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment