Monday, October 22, 2018

I need luck??

Image may contain: 2 people
Deborah my sweet blond with her highschool friend
One of Deborah's good friends who has gone on to study in the field of mental health wants to connect with me. This is wonderful news. I do sincerely wish to know her, and about her commitment to her new career. Deborah will be always missed, and deeply loved.
I feel that more and more of our youth have personality disorders, if not mental disorders due to the use of marijuana/opioids, or  addictions including to technology. A person who is subjected not only to a dysfunctional family, but to any of the above will lead a very challenging and compromised life. As I was talking to a Shaw representative in order to get a better deal on my channels, I realize how little I know of the channels available to the consumer. His language was like brail to me, so I decided to stick to my original package eventhough it will cost me more. They wanted me to sign up for a new package that I knew little about, and stay in the contract for 2 years.??? So much for me asking them for a discount!
My Vietnamese student after some probing, finally told us that she would be happier in a home with teenagers. I told her that she is free to be happy, and we are not upset at all with her decision. Upon suggesting that her unhappiness may have to be due to her living her mom's dream of studying abroad, she denied it. However, her gloominess and lack of interest, lack of appreciation screems to the ceiling. She is eating buttered sugared bread/4 slices in the mornings. Drinks tea with tablespoons of sugar, and is disconnected in any attempt at conversation. I know that no home with a teen will welcome her challenging indifferent character. I am left to pray for her, and for her family who believes that she is an ambitious, enthusiastic young woman with a bright future ahead of her.  Her mom wished me good luck in this adventure of molding her, but it is not luck a homestay parent will need. What she needs is a teachable curiosity in life, and much less technology, and years of counselling to bring back the child who is authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment