Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Blanket of Snow

I believe we cannot escape pain in this world. It is the very fabric of human life. The other day, as the fresh snow blanketed our roads, a late winter event, I drove around at the cemetery where Deborah is buried. The white covered branches, and tombstones made it one of the nicest parks that you can imagine. The vast area of memorial plots, and pedicured trails almost felt like I was in another world, had it not been for the few tractors, and one excavation vehicle. I did not get out of the car as the trail was blocked to her plot, yet I had to see the virgin white, vast snow landscape. I have lately longed to be in the world of the dead and not the living. I long for the peace, and the land of no pain, and no tears, and no strife. I have also immersed myself more in books like 'My glimpse of Eternity'. I look forward to seeing Heaven. The pain that surrounds us, however, is temporary. We must realize that this condition  is only for a brief time (feeling like a lifetime to some).
I still touch and feel, and see Deborah's pictures, clothing items, and more. Yesterday, I had on her Helly Hansen stag leather boot. My doctor commented on how nice it was. I had to tell him it was Deborah's. My doctor discovered a result of my biopsy in my calf that I injured 10 months ago. The reason I said a result is because another result indicates differently. One biopsy; two results. Am I going insane. So apparently, I got gardeners disease; a fungus that is inside my left calf of my leg. It is as if a cockroach is inside of me, I told my doctor yesterday. My pills are over $8 per day, and I will likely have to take them for six months. I am also putting tee-tree oil on the surface of my closed wound, since a retired doctor told me that tee-tree heals athletes foot and the fungus on it. So life has been arduous to say the least. On this Valentine's Day that the world celebrates, let us be separate from the world, and look to Jesus for our source of daily strength, and joy, and unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment